About the Author
I grew up by the sea in northern England, a magical place of fairy-tale castles, golden beaches, desolate moors, gray stone walls, and woodlands ablaze with bluebells and snowdrops. Vivid childhood memories include imaginary games on the ancient Roman Wall, burying treasure on Holy Island, and summer holidays at Granny Drummond’s cottage in Kirk Yetholm. Although I have lived in many places all over the world since, my heart remains firmly in the land of my birth.
Some of my favorite things:
• Hot tea and scones with homemade jam.
• Scuffing through fallen leaves.
• Skipping stones.
• Reading in bed.
• Sitting beside a crackling wood fire on a snowy day.
• Trying new recipes
Random list of favorite books every child should read
• Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter
• Dr. Doolittle, Hugh Lofting
• The Secrets of Eastcliff-by-the-Sea, Eileen Beha
• The Book Thief, Marcus Zusak
• Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte